Our commitment to your privacy
The developers of ClickTime have created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to the protection of your privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices. Clicktime.com adheres to the Safe Harbor principles developed by the United States and the European Union (EU), described in our Safe Harbor Notice.
Marketing Usage: Our site's registration form requires you to give us contact information (like your name, email address, address, company name, etc.). We use your contact information from the registration form to:
- Send you information so that you may access demo accounts and set up a ClickTime account.
- Contact you when necessary, such as to notify you of an expired account or for customer service.
- Create invoices for ClickTime usage.
Our computer system uses your email address as your unique login name and to automatically send you your password if you use the "Forgot my Password" function. We will not share your password information with anyone.
When we collect your personal information, that information is for ClickTime's use alone, unless it is specifically stated otherwise. We will not disclose personal information except:
- When we have your express permission
- To our authorized distributors or resellers, who provide sales and support functions certain languages and regions
- When law enforcement requires it
- If you violate our Terms of Service or our rights and property
Except as disclosed in this paragraph, third parties will neither be granted your personal information nor will your information ever be sold. At our discretion based on your industry or location, we may provide your contact information to an authorized distributor of ClickTime who has contractually agreed to abide by these privacy policies. Otherwise, any information shared with third parties will be shared as aggregate statistics.
ClickTime offers you a choice in the way we use provided information. If you would like to change the way that information is received from ClickTime, go to http://www.clicktime.com/forms/unsubscribe and enter your email address to opt-out of receiving future emails. ClickTime is an online, hosted application. On certain occasions, ClickTime may need to notify you of important announcements in regards to the operation of our service. These announcements may be sent regardless of your opt-out status, and your only mechanism to avoid these notices is to cease your use of the ClickTime service.
Application Usage: When an individual customer's administrator enrolls a new user in ClickTime, that administrator may elect to enter certain personal details. This data is considered application data and is not used by ClickTime in any way, other than when ClickTime itself sends important system notices to all users.
For application data (generally timesheet and expense data) which is entered by customers themselves, ClickTime considers this data to be proprietary to each customer and ClickTime will not disclose this information except:
- When we have your express permission (for example, if we need the assistance of a third party to assist you with technical support.)
- When we are compelled to by law enforcement or a court order from any competent jurisdiction where we conduct business
Generally, we use five different cookies to serve you better and to save time.
- You are given a cookie that will recognize you as a repeat registered customer and will store your email address for login. This cookie maintains your identity to make it easier to log in and access your time sheet information. It stores information such as your favorite report and your preferences settings. In addition, it tracks the date, time, and referring web page of your first visit to our web site.
- There is also a session cookie with a "time-out" function which disappears once you logout of the website. The cookie also "expires" for security purposes after a certain amount of time so that your program will not continually run without user activity.
- A cookie is used to help collect aggregate web traffic statistics for our site as a whole.
- A cookie is used to help provide online support through an onscreen-help system.
- The last cookie is a temporary cookie that simply determines whether or not your browser will accept cookies. Acceptance of cookies is obligatory in order to access an account.
The data collected on traffic patterns and your behavior is aggregate information. We have no other specific personal information about you besides the information you have explicitly provided.
We collect and store IP addresses for system administration and to report the aggregate information for our personal use. Your IP address is also used to help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer our web site.
Our site contains links to a number of web sites that may offer useful information to our visitors. This Website Privacy Statement does not apply to those sites, and we recommend communicating with them directly for information on their privacy policies.
Marketing Usage: Your personal information is stored securely by ClickTime. We utilize industry standard methods to protect your personal information from unauthorized access; however, we are not responsible if a third party accesses your information by breaching our security measures.
Application Usage: Your contact information and time tracking information are visible only by your company's administrator(s) of this account and are not available to any other users or non-users of this web site, except in cases where our technical support team provides assistance to you and obtains your permission to access this information. We utilize industry standard methods to protect your personal information from unauthorized access; however, we are not responsible if a third party accesses your information by breaching our security measures.
By using the ClickTime service, you grant ClickTime the right to list your "company" or "entity" name among on our customer list, which may appear in our marketing materials. Individuals will not be listed, nor will we will list any specific information about your account. You may request to be removed from this list at any time. In addition, we may ask for your permission to list your name and a statement about ClickTime among our customer testimonials. If you grant us this permission, your name and comment will appear among other customer testimonials.
Contact email@example.com to change and modify any information you previously provided in the registration or on the sign-up page.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this web site, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or mail us at:
ClickTime Customer Service
282 Second Street, 4th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
Revised: February 14, 2011